At SOS Kaipara we provide wrap around specialist support services for women, young people and children and their wider whānau who have been affected by abuse and violence. We provide services in the Kaipara District. All of our services are free and confidential.
Contact us for an appointment, we are here to help you.
If you are in immediate danger please phone 111.
Services Provided by SOS Kaipara
- If you have experienced current or historical sexual assault, abuse or family violence our Specialist Support/Social workers are available to provide phone and face to face support.
– Phone support can include: supportive listening, information and advice.
– Face to face support can include: Police statement taking, forensic or medical processes.
Our staff are able to assist with relocation, help make Safety Plans and aid in accessing Protection Orders.
Contact us on (09) 439 6070 or 0800 33 88 44
Available 24/7 to Women and their children who have experienced violence and abuse. Our staff work closely with families/whānau in Refuge providing support and advocacy to help make safe plans for the future.
Our Counsellors are qualified and experienced specialising in the area of violence and abuse. We have 3 Counsellors who are registered with the New Zealand Association of Counsellors and are ACC ISSC Approved Providers.
Counselling services provided are; individual therapy, family therapy and ACC Sensitive Claim counselling.
Prevention Education Programmes
Our Facilitators deliver programmes centered on violence and abuse. Programmes can be tailored to meet the groups need and are available to community members and groups, family/whānau groups, schools and professionals.
- Women’s Empowerment – this programme is centered on empowering women through building self-esteem, the understanding of self and the development of decision making and strengthening communication skills.
- Parenting Programme – builds positive parenting through sharing effective ways of working with children and understanding the impact of negativity and conflict affecting children in the family/whānau .
- Safety Programme – designed to help you deal with the effects of the violence, feel more confident and move forward with your life. They’ll explain how to keep safe and provide practical information about how Protection Orders work
Community Connection Service
- Providing connections, support and information services to our Community.
To make a referral contact us on (09) 439 6070 or 0800 33 88 44